Unconventional ways of raising children






I have rather unconventional ways with raising my children... At least to the older generation Asian parent.

I am an Asian parent and my children have to be raise up by certain standard in order to be considered a good parent.

But I do not care.

I allow my children to use tech products (iPad, Smartphones, computers etc..) as and when they please.

I feed my children fast food at least once a week.

I don't force my children to study and they will only read a book when they are ready to.

I give them freedom of choice when it come to their clothes, the food they want to eat and the way they want to do things.

My parenting style is that I lead by example.

If I want my son to read a book, I make sure I read one beside him.

If I want my daughter to eat healthy, I make sure I can eat healthy food as well.

If I want my children to sleep early, I make sure I go to bed by 10:30.

I do not want my children to do something because "dad say so" but rather do it because it is the right thing to do.

This doesn't mean I do not discipline, I do.

I disciple them when they do not show respect to others freedom, when they misbehave in public which causes inconvenience to other and when they cause harm to others physically.

I have been criticize by the older generation, they think that I am spoiling my child.

The older generation can say all they want about how I raise my kids.

I believe in what I do and how I do it.

You should too because only you know your child the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment